In this episode, we delve into the complex and often emotionally charged process of changing financial advisors. We’ll discuss the telltale signs that it’s time to consider a switch, the questions to ask your current advisor, and what to look for in a new one.
Join us as we demystify the transition process and equip you with the knowledge you need to make informed decisions about who is best suited to guide your financial future. Listen in to learn from Donna’s personal experience with transitioning to a new advisor after her husband’s passing and gain key considerations and advice for finding an advisor that meets your unique needs and goals.
Here’s some of what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- Many people form strong emotional connections with their financial advisors. However, it’s important to balance this emotional connection with your current financial needs and goals.
- Before deciding to change advisors, identify your financial needs and goals. Create an avatar of your ideal advisor by listing the services and qualities you want to help assess whether your current advisor aligns with those requirements.
- Ask questions that matter to you. Inquire about your advisor’s use of technology, specialization, willingness to work with other professionals, and more. Make sure their answers align with your needs.
- Trust your instincts and feelings. If something doesn’t feel right or you’re not fully satisfied with the advice or services you’re receiving, consider seeking a new advisor who better meets your expectations.
- Remember that finding the right financial advisor is a two-way street. Advisors also assess whether you’re a good fit for their practice and approach.
If you are interested in any of the topics we discussed, please reach out and we would be happy to help you navigate your financial situation.